We are no longer seeking applications for this position Join our mailing list to be notified when we are hiring again.
The Center for Artistic Activism is looking to add a part-time manager to our small team. We are a research and training organization devoted to to exploring, analyzing, and strengthening connections between social activism and artistic practice.
In the past seven years we’ve trained over 500 activists and artists in a dozen countries, from sex workers in South Africa to undocumented youth immigration activists in South Texas, from Russian dissident artists to art students in NYC public schools. We do research into best practices, and have developed resources like digital databases and public podcasts to help make more creative activists and more effective artists. In the next five years we’re hoping to expand reach of the C4AA philosophy and practice to wider audiences, and in new ways.
To do this we are looking for a manager who will help maintain our current projects and commitments while setting the stage for new and expanded leadership and programmatic participation. You’ll help us create a foundation of smooth, and reliable day-to-day operations of the organization, and help improve and expand our workshops, research, and public-facing projects.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys managing everyday administrative work, while helping take a new organization to the next level, and can thrive independently within a flexible work schedule. The C4AA does not keep an office and there are currently no other employees, so applicants need to be comfortable covering a range of duties, working remotely and under their own initiative. Living in the New York area is not required, but preferred.
Ideal candidates should share a dedication to art and activism and working within a dynamic, and innovative organization, and demonstrate the following skills and qualities:
- Approaches art and activism with a sense of optimism, joy, and humor
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and conditions with grace
- Enjoys creating structure with a team of people in mind
- Well organized with an eye for detail
- Thrives under their own supervision: self-starting and self-organizing
- Likes working on a range of projects utilizing different skills
- Ease in communicating with diverse groups of people
- Able to track multiple projects and deadlines and create systems to ensure they get appropriate time and attention
- Comfort with ambiguity, the capacity to “fail forward,” and an ability to take risks
- Someone who will wake up each morning and think to themselves: “What can I do to make the C4AA better?”
- Assistance with organization, administration, and delivery of workshops, consulting and speaking engagements (both domestic and internationally)
- General office administration
- Creating project budgets and reports
- Assist in grant submission
- Oversee Interns & Contract work
- Basic Banking and Bookkeeping
- Regular Website updates
- Assist with maintaining Social Media presence
- Produce Bi-Weekly digital newsletter
- Organizing and maintaining C4AA alumni network
- Organizing Boards of Directors and Advisors
- Calendar and scheduling
The position is approximately 20 hours a week, and salary is $24,700/year.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com.
We begin reviewing applications Oct 6. Position will remain open until filled.
C4AA is an equal opportunity employer.